Monday, November 30–Friday, December 4, 2020
4:00–6:00 p.m. daily
Registration deadline: Friday, November 27 at 10:00 a.m.
Join artistic worlds through mixed media! Learn to incorporate experimental painting, collage, and drawing in five finished works of art. By leading exercises in diverse artistic ideas, McColl Center alumna artist Sharon Dowell will guide students to synthesize multiple mediums and be inspired by artistic practices like street art, architecture, fashion, graphic design, and music.
● Prior to the camp, each participant will receive an art box with all supplies needed for five works of art and a detailed lesson plan for the week. Home delivery within Mecklenburg County is included, but the box can be mailed or shipped outside the area for an additional cost if requested via email to Alice Cookson at email@example.com.
● The virtual camp will meet Monday through Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. through a secure Zoom meeting, and will be moderated by McColl Center staff. We ask all participants to connect between 3:45 and 4:00 p.m. so instruction can begin promptly by 4:00. A camp-specific Zoom link will be sent to the email address used to register (unless otherwise requested).
About Winter ARTS CAMPS
WINTER ARTS AT HOME is a series of live, week-long virtual art camps designed for students ages 11 to 16. Daily sessions will spark imagination, encourage self-expression, and make lifelong connections to many expressions of art. Each student will receive an art box (delivered to their home) with all supplies needed to create 5 works of art and detailed instructions for the week.
Each camp will meet weekdays from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. through Zoom, led by a professional artist who will teach skills in a particular art medium and support participants in their artistic journey. Over the course of the camp, students will develop technical and conceptual skills with their peers while producing an impressive body of work. At the conclusion of each week, family and friends are invited to experience a virtual Artwork Showcase that will highlight students’ work.
Refund and cancellation information
● Cancellations made ten or more days prior to the first day of the camp will result in a full tuition refund (less a $25 processing fee).
● No tuition refunds will be issued after the first day of the camp, when held as scheduled.
● All cancellations and refund requests must be made via email to the address below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Alice Cookson at firstname.lastname@example.org.