Visual Vinyls is a quick, step-by-step tutorial to teach you how to turn vinyls into an eye-popping canvas! This 20-minute art lesson will use paint, collage, and vinyl records to inspire you to celebrate your favorite music, memories, or whatever makes you happy. Best for ages 7 and up.
Charlotte-based artist and instructor Jaianna McCants draws inspiration for unique vinyl art from her favorite musicians. She strives to bridge the gap between visual art and music to reimagine what art can be.
What you’ll learn:
- How to paint on a vinyl record
- How to let music lead your creative process
- How to work with multiple mediums
What you’ll need to create:
- Recycled vinyl record
- Acrylic paint
- Scissors or X-Acto knife
- Glue stick
- Magazine or printed images
- iPad or tablet
- Procreate or similar drawing app
- Digital pen