Thursday, March 11, 2021
Time slots from 12:00–5:00 p.m. (12:00–1:15, 1:15–2:30, 2:30–3:45, and 3:45–5:00 p.m.)
REGISTRATION REQUIRED | Free admission, donations accepted via credit or debit only
Join McColl Center for an Open House to celebrate our return to in-person experiences and the opening of Spaces Between. Enjoy free admission to three floors of art in the exhibition by our winter/spring 2021 artists-in-residence: Anna G. Dean, Rehab El Sadek, Lorena Mal, and Sharon Norwood. As you safely move through our newly renovated gallery, you’ll encounter live music by DJ Fannie Mae.
Though the artist studios will be closed for safety, you can enrich your experience with the art by diving into a playlist of songs and a list of books that have been inspiring the exhibiting artists-in-residence. Then, consider helping us support the artists and spark creative experiences like these by becoming an Igniter. For a monthly donation, special perks will get you closer to art and artists throughout the year.
Here’s how you’ll experience our Re-Open House safely:
- All guests must register in advance, with a limit of 20 guests per time slot.
- Face masks must be on at all times during your visit and social distancing is required between you and other guests (not including those in your own party).
- Hand sanitizer is available at dispenser stations on each floor.
- Only four (4) guests are allowed in the elevator at one time.
- Stairwells are marked for up or down traffic only.
- Failure to comply with our safety policies, put in place to keep you and others safe and healthy, will result in your being asked to leave the premises.
How to get here and where to park:
We’re at 721 N. Tryon St. in Uptown Charlotte. Plenty of free parking is available on N. Tryon St. after 6:00 p.m. and in the lot at the corner of W. 10th St. and N. Church St. (behind Charlotte Ballet).