Monday, July 26–Friday, July 30, 2021
9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. daily
$190 per student, 10% discount for members
Registration deadline Monday, July 12
Mix the perfect colors for paintings! Charlotte-based artist Irisol Gonzalez will teach students paint mixing techniques and color theory as a foundation to enlarge or compress reference images into their art through gridding. Students will produce individual works of art that will incorporate collaging, paint mixing, gridding, and symbolic language to tell their unique stories. Artwork created during the week will be shown in a virtual Artwork Showcase on the last day of class.
All supplies for the week will be provided in the camp art box. Delivery to Mecklenburg and Gaston counties are included in the camp cost. If you are outside these counties, you will be contacted to pay a $15 shipping fee.
● Prior to the camp, each participant will receive all supplies and a detailed lesson plan for the week in an art box delivered to their home.
● The camp will meet Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. through a secure Zoom link. We ask all participants to connect between 8:45 and 9:00 a.m. to begin instruction promptly by 9:05. The camp-specific Zoom link will be sent to the email address used to register (unless otherwise requested).
About Summer ARTS CAMPS
SUMMER ARTS 2021 is a series of half-day virtual art camps for students from ages 11 to 16. Designed to spark imagination, encourage self-expression, and make lifelong connections to many expressions of art, each camp is led by a working artist who teaches skills in a particular medium and offers individual student support. Every participant will receive an art box delivered to their home with all supplies and detailed lesson instructions for the week.
Each week-long camp will meet daily from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. through the Zoom video conferencing platform. Over the course of the camp, moderated by McColl Center staff, students will develop technical and conceptual skills, build work for their portfolios, and learn how to talk about their artwork. At the conclusion of each week, family and friends are invited to experience a virtual Artwork Showcase that will highlight all students’ work.
All SUMMER ARTS 2021 camps are $190 per student with a 10% discount for members. Full-tuition scholarships are available for Summer Arts camps thanks to the generous support of Ingrid and John Amols. Please contact Alice Cookson at firstname.lastname@example.org for scholarship information.
Refund and cancellation information
● Cancellations made 30 (thirty) or more days prior to the first day of the camp will result in a full tuition refund (less $25 processing fee).
● No tuition refunds will be issued after the first day of the camp, when held as scheduled.
● All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing to Alice Cookson at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Alice Cookson at firstname.lastname@example.org.