McColl Center is transforming. We are taking bold, big risks to be an adaptive and responsive resource for artists and the community to converge in growing creativity in Charlotte and beyond. You are a part of that convergence.
The Benefit Art Sale (BAS) unites local and alumni artists together to help support artist-led and inspired programming at McColl Center through the sale of artwork. Participating artists can collectively make an impact to ensure that contemporary artists and those who believe in them have a dedicated, practice-driven space in Charlotte. The BAS is a week-long online sale and silent auction event that connects artists with our collecting base in support of creativity. It culminates in a live auction event on May 6, 2022 at McColl Center.
Selected artists will be paid a 50% commission on the final sale price of their work.
All participating artists will become McColl Center Igniters. Learn more about our Igniters program here.
Important Dates + Deadlines
- Open Call: December 1, 2021 to January 7, 2022
- Artist Notification: February 4, 2022
- Artist Confirmation: February 18, 2022
- Selected Works Delivered to McColl Center by April 1, 2022
- Opening: April 28, 2022, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Online Sale + Silent Auction: April 29-May 6, 2022
- Live Auction + Closing: May 6, 2022, 7:00 p.m.
- Unsold Works Pick-Up by May 20, 2022