The McColl Center for Art + Innovation internship program offers direct experience working at Charlotte’s only artist residency and contemporary art space. If you are a college student interested in learning more about how artist residencies operate or are considering a career in art administration, we encourage you to apply. Ideal candidates are passionate about the arts and social impact.
McColl Center seeks interns of all backgrounds. We value diversity of cultures, races and ethnicities, gender expressions, and abilities. Interns provide administrative support, assist artists-in-residence or professional staff, interact with visitors, conduct research, and learn about the art being made today. Interns gain valuable skills and work experience as well as an opportunity to build a network of professional contacts.
McColl Center internships are unpaid. Applicants are encouraged to seek a college credit for internships and are responsible for arranging academic credit with their college or university. For more information about internships, please contact Erin Taylor, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide hands-on and research assistance to artists-in-residence
- Make lasting connections with artists
- Assist with general maintenance and upkeep of the studios
- Studio art experience preferred
- Ideal candidates enjoy working with materials and sourcing information
Marketing + Communications Intern
- Research opportunities to interact and engage audiences
- Create written and/or multimedia content for social media, PR, etc.
- Ideal candidates are quick thinkers, digitally savvy, and excellent writers
- Assist with database entry and management
- Research grant opportunities and donor profiles
- Assist with donor stewardship
- Provide additional help with development events
- Ideal candidates are eager to cultivate a culture of philanthropy and want to learn more about the intricacies of fundraising
- Assist with exhibitions and public programs
- Research artists and art organizations
- Help plan and produce public programs
- Gather audience feedback
- Ideal candidates are interested in curatorial or museum work, and have the ability to balance different kinds of projects at once
Innovation Institute Intern
The Innovation Institute helps groups, teams, and organizations build on the idea that creativity is innate, and that fresh perspectives are not only useful, but critical for leaders in any sector.
- Gain hands-on experience in day-to-day operations
- Assist with organization and preparation for Innovation Institute programs and events
- Conduct research for special projects such as identifying curriculum resources
- Ideal candidates are students or recent graduates who are curious about creative processes, and enjoy hands-on work and research
1. Fill out the information below
2. Upload a current resume
3. Upload a statement of purpose (statement explaining your interest in a McColl Center Internship and what you hope to gain from the experience; 250 word limit)
4. Click "Submit Application" once finished
Applications for spring 2018 internships are due October 27th, 2017.
McColl Center for Art + Innovation
©2018 McColl Center
©2018 McColl Center
for Art + Innovation