Status: Part-time temporary | May 1 – August 31, 2022 | 25 hours per week Tuesday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Reports to: Programs Director
Rate: $20.00 per hour
McColl Center is a nationally acclaimed artist residency and contemporary arts hub in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. We are where artists and people who care about them converge, connect, and thrive. As a hub for creativity and a catalyst for growth, McColl Center is committed to putting artists first, supporting them throughout their careers with artist studios, access to modern equipment and tools, entrepreneurship programs, and 5,000 SF of gallery space to exhibit and sell work.
As a team, we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion, and access as core values and a strategy to advance artists and community. We strive to create a welcoming space for everyone by respecting the creativity, ideas, beliefs, cultures, identities, and lived experiences of all artists, volunteers, stakeholders, visitors, staff, and partners, and assume the good intentions of those with whom we collaborate and interact.
McColl Center is searching for a Program Coordinator for our New Professionals summer internship program for high school students. The New Professionals Program is a series of seven week-long experiential learning initiatives that is sponsored by Bank of America. Students are offered on-the-job experience that can play an important role in advancing the career of arts, nonprofit and cultural leaders. Likewise, we know that arts organizations benefit from the creativity and curiosity of students and professionals who join the arts and culture management field. Our internship program takes great care to offer opportunities that make the most of these mutual goals.
Beyond looking for the right skills, McColl Center seeks a team member who supports our mission to put artists first, be a hub for creativity, and a catalyst for growth. We also seek team members who share and will contribute to the unique core values that make McColl Center such a great place to work: creativity, community, and collaboration.
- Plans, leads, and implements programming for participants.
- Provides quality educational and professional opportunities and enjoyable experiences for participants.
- Supervises participants and ensures their safety, development, and general well-being.
- Maintains a schedule for participants.
- Supports organization and department lesson plans for daily activities.
- Organizes and leads group activities.
- Ensures organization and neatness of the site and classroom location.
- Knows, enforces and follows all safety guidelines associated with the program.
- Maintains accurate program records, including incident reports, project documentation, and daily attendance.
- Experience working with teens and young adults.
- Patience and caring personality.
- Highly organized.
- Leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks related to project management.
- The COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment.
NO CALLS, EMAILS, OR VISITS PLEASE
For immediate consideration, please formally apply online and provide a resume and cover letter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job classification. They are not to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities of people so assigned.
McColl Center is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, gender (including sex stereotyping), medical condition (including but not limited to cancer related or HIV/AIDS status) sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.