Visitor Experience Associates are the first point of contact for the visitor experience at McColl Center. They promote a positive visitor experience while enforcing McColl Center procedures, ensuring that the visitors' first and last impression of their experience at McColl Center is a positive one. This part-time position is in charge of welcoming visitors into McColl Center, maintaining up-to-date information in the database, and providing guests with current information regarding programming and events. Hours vary from 5 to 15 per week and availability needed for the following Gallery Hours:
Friday, Saturday + Sunday | 12:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Night and weekend events and venue rentals as needed
- Provide a warm, welcoming, and knowledgeable introduction to McColl Center to incoming visitors.
- Maintain a good working knowledge facilities, exhibitions, and activities.
- Inspire participation and engagement in McColl Center activities.
- Keep front desk reception area neat and tidy and restocked with current collateral and perform daily opening/closing duties.
- Act as a service advocate to resolve visitor complaints/concerns to their satisfaction
- Ensure strong data capture at the front desk and process visitor information into Altru in a timely manner.
- Oversee and promote on-site donations and membership registrations while working toward achieving a visitor-donor conversion goal.
- Work on various projects in the database, including data clean-up.
- Assist with visitor evaluation, visitor tracking, attendance studies, and collection of visitor demographics.
- Attend and participate regularly in exhibition trainings and walkthroughs and provide tours upon request during gallery hours.
- Monitor activities within assigned post to prevent theft, vandalism, damage to works of art, or injury to visitors or staff.
- Assist with Special Events and venue rentals as needed.
- All other duties as directed.
- Minimum H.S. diploma required
- Experience with guest/customer services
- Microsoft Office Suite a must, and experience with Point-of-Sale system or database management preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills and teamwork required
- Ability to multi-task and remain focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak clearly and confidently when addressing groups
- Background in, or knowledge of the arts a plus
No calls, emails, or visits please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job classification. They are not to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities of people so assigned.
The Agency's policy is to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.